Over the course of this class, I have become increasingly frustrated with academic articles on technology in education as they are reporting old news. I have decided to try out the idea that my readings should be based on articles that are recent: possibly presented at conferences and conventions, and possibly not polished enough for academic printed journals yet available in online journals. I looked at our professor’s most recent publication, downloaded the journal it was in, and found another one in the same series that was even more recent (though sourced from papers in the 2017 ICTMT conference). Score! And then it was over to the UVic Library search engine to figure out the search parameters where articles from both these journals would be prominent but include other relevant articles. I had considered mining the bibliographies of the articles from the two journals, but I didn’t think they would be published in 2019, which is where I am going to start reading. I also looked at the 2019 ICTMT conference to see if I could find anything useful, but it is focused on business this time. I am eager to start reading what I have found, though!

Wish me luck!

Update: Just checked my Hypothesis account and noticed that Prof. Leslee suggested I check out one of the two journals that I am finding interesting reading!