Starting another journey

BC Digital Literacies

I first made a Loom movie of highlighting the Digital Literacies and then went in and made another movie to talk and add the other two documents. Not the most efficient way, but I wanted to see if I could talk over a video. And it worked, other than I didn’t catch all of my ‘Hi’ at the beginning!

As for our project, this is my outline:

• Template for a “choose your own adventure” inquiry for learning and as a way to document inquiry. 
  • Use different platforms like a ppt/slides, website, or google forms, or use one of these free platforms (https://www.freetech4teachers.com/2015/01/three-platforms-for-writing-choose-your.html?m=1) or anything else we can find.. 
  • create an example (or examples using different platforms)  for students to work through and document the creation process (possibly through another platform like Adobe Spark)
  • students can use the templates to document inquiry, particularly when they go off track and dead end and then have to come back to a previous point to head off in a new direction. 
  • Teachers can use it to encourage inquiry (in math or another subject area) so students learn HOW to inquire.
  • Hoping to make this scalable for K-12

1. hdyck

I loved your personal lens to reflect upon the literacies, Cheryl! Nicely done:)

2. Deirdre Houghton

Hi Cheryl, thank you for this information, I am totally going to try this out!

3. Andrew Vogelsang

Well Done Cheryl. It is amazing when you breakdown our everyday behaviour, how many of those standards we are meeting. I would, if I were you, look at the ISTE standards and try to apply them to what we are doing. I find these standards to be more overreaching and relevant to today’s classrooms. Great Blog 🙂

• ctrades

Thanks, Andrew. I had thought of doing that as well, but the blog was going to be too long!